How not to use LinkedIn | Armonk NY Realtor


My LinkedIn account has been terribly neglected. Even as I write this sentence, I feel as though I should be updating my LinkedIn profile instead.
Let’s just say I am “kind of” LinkedIn. I have two friends in the Twin Cities who are experts on LinkedIn and who speak and teach on the subject. I recently had coffee with one and lunch with the other. They let me ask questions about LinkedIn, and gave me some advice on how to improve my profile.
I like to think that my LinkedIn profile educates people. It could be used as an example of how not to use LinkedIn, rather than how to.
I even apologize for my inability to write a decent summary of who I am, which helps to draw attention to my lame professional summary.
It isn’t because I don’t know who I am, or that I don’t know how to write a summary. It’s because I lead a rich and full life, and I am not sure exactly which parts of it are important to people who may look me up. Do they want to know how many houses I sold last year? Is my volunteer work important?
Both experts I spoke to agreed that a great profile picture is essential, and that having a well-written summary is important. Beyond that, there wasn’t a lot of agreement on what to look for in the LinkedIn profile of a real estate agent.
- See more at: http://www.inman.com/2013/05/16/how-not-to-use-linkedin/#sthash.tUevM6kx.dpuf


How not to use LinkedIn | Inman News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Regional Banks Discuss Settlement Over Foreclosures | Waccabuc Real Estate

Top 20 real estate websites in June | Mount Kisco Real Estate