Haunted real estate: Realtor recalls frightening experiences as a newbie | Chappaqua Real Estate

If you have been in the real estate business for any length of time, sooner or later you will hear about a house that has a scary history.

What’s frightening, however, is when you experience it firsthand. I’ve had my fair share of strange events, including doorbells ringing when there is no one there, unplugged stereos coming on by themselves, and sporadic cigar smoke in a new car where I was the only one who ever drove it.

While these events were strange, they pale in comparison to two other events that really did scare me. When I first started in the business, I had a client who wanted to purchase in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles.

Although this area was about 45 minutes from my office, we had MLS access, so I set up several appointments. The property at 3301 Waverly Drive was located up a long driveway with a big rolling front yard.

The property was rented although no one was home during the showing. As we walked through the property, I had the worst vibes of any house I have ever been in before or since.

My client felt it, too — the place really frightened us and we couldn’t get out of there fast enough. As I was setting up more appointments to show more property the next week, I asked one of the local agents about the Waverly Drive property.

His response was: “Don’t you know about that house? That’s where the Manson family murdered the LaBiancas.”My scariest encounter, however, took place at my study partner’s house in Orange County when I was working on my doctorate.

Her house was less than a year old, but it already had a disturbing past — a little girl had been raped in it.




- See more at: http://www.inman.com/2013/10/28/haunted-real-estate-realtor-recalls-frightening-experiences-as-a-newbie/#sthash.Z4OOm2i5.dpuf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Regional Banks Discuss Settlement Over Foreclosures | Waccabuc Real Estate

Top 20 real estate websites in June | Mount Kisco Real Estate